COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
Updated: September 1, 2021
As our global community addresses the ongoing implications of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our patients, healthcare providers, employees and community are of critical importance. We remain focused on providing DigniCap products and services to our customers while conducting business in a manner that preserves the health and safety of all involved.
We are closely following the updates from the CDC, WHO and OSHA, federal agencies and local public health authorities to ensure we maintain the highest safety standards possible. As our facility partners treat DigniCap patients, we are fully committed to providing the support needed for a successful scalp cooling program with minimal disruption to critical workflows.
For any questions, please contact Dignitana at email@example.com or 877-350-2150.
Below are actions Dignitana is currently taking related to the ongoing pandemic:
- Due to the close proximity between patient and provider, especially in adjusting the cap, Dignitana personnel working directly with patients will wear a mask and gloves.
- In the U.S., patients ordering DeltaKits and treatment cards should allow additional time for shipping. Materials are being sent from Dignitana following normal schedules, but some delays in FedEx deliveries have ocurred.
- To provide the safest environment possible Dignitana has added extra cleaning precautions for all DigniCap equipment. The new protocols have been sent to all providers and are detailed below.
Patients who have questions about scalp cooling should contact our Patient Support Center.
Cleaning and Handling
On March 13, 2020 in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Dignitana updated cleaning procedures for all equipment to ensure that all necessary precautions are taken to mitigate the spread of this coronavirus. These new procedures are designed to provide additional protection to healthcare providers and the cancer community.
DigniCap devices and accessories should be cleaned before and after every patient using non-bleach PDI wipes or another medical grade antibacterial equivalent. Products meeting the recommended criteria will be labeled as a disinfectant to kill bacteria and will be have an EPA registration code.
- Wipe the DigniCap device down thoroughly. Be sure to clean between the vents, around the wheels, and the length of the electrical cord and hoses. Be cautious while wiping the screen. Excessive liquid can damage the display.
- For the DigniCap C3 device also thoroughly clean all accessories including thermal caps, silicone caps and the attached hoses.
Frequent hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and others from getting sick. Following CDC guidelines:
- Wash your hands before and after interacting with each patient.
- To effectively clean your hands using soap and water, lather your hands with soap (back of hands, between fingers and under nails) for at least 20 seconds. Dry hands using a clean towel or air dry.
- If soap and water are not readily available use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To effectively clean your hands using hand sanitizer, apply the gel product to the palm of one hand. Rub the gel over all surfaces of your hands and fingers until hands are dry.
Medical Center Protocols
Any protocols issued by individual medical facilities should be followed by Dignitana personnel.
Observe and report
Any patients, visitors or other personnel who are coughing or sneezing should be referred to hospital staff immediately.
Please note that the content of this website is not intended as professional medical or healthcare advice and should not be construed as a substitute for professional healthcare advice, or services from a qualified professional healthcare provider familiar with your unique situation. This content is intended solely as a general product and corporate information.
10925 Estate Lane, Suite 185
Dallas, TX 75238
226 60 Lund, Sweden
+46 46 16 30 90
Corso di Porta Nuova, 46
20121 Milan, Italy