Dignitana AB Publishes Interim Report for Q2 2018
Q2 2018 Interim Report
Results and financial position
Significant events during the period
- Sales for the period amounted to 9,022 TSEK, $1,041 KUSD, an increase of 54 percent compared to the same period in 2017 and a 51 percent increase over the first quarter 2018.
- EBITDA amounted to (2,701) TSEK, ($312 KUSD), a 69 percent improvement compared to the same period in 2017.
- Dignitana initiated its first direct-to-customer leased unit transaction outside of the U.S. for 3 locations in Spain.
- 9 units were sold to facilities in countries outside the U.S.
- Contracts for 6 locations in the U.S. were signed representing 10 machines.
- Treatment revenue from U.S. sites showed a 21 percent increase over first quarter 2018.
- Transfer of management of all European installations of DigniCap from Sysmex to Dignitana representing 70 locations in 11 countries.
- Transition of operations from Lund, Sweden to the U.S. was successfully completed in April, two months ahead of schedule. Dignitana AB headquarters remain in Lund.
- In June the company’s application for a unique Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Code for scalp cooling devices was not approved by the American Medical Association. This code would have helped U.S. patients process insurance claims more simply but does not have any material effect on sales potential at this time.
- The Annual General Meeting was held 24 April 2018 in Lund. In all the proposed cases the AGM resolved in accordance with the Board’s proposals.
- Thomas Kelly, William Cronin, Ingrid Atteryd Heiman, and Mikael Wahlgren were re-elected to the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting 24 April 2018 with Thomas Kelly as Chairman.
Significant events after the period
- In July Dignitana AB registered a new wholly-owned subsidiary, Dignitana S.r.l (Società a responsabilità limitata), as a new Italian entity to facilitate contracting with public health facilities in Italy.
- With S.r.l. registration in Italy Dignitana can now finalize contracts for the sale of 3 machines.
- 2 additional units were sold to facilities in countries outside the U.S. since 1 July 2018.
Financial results in brief
|DIGNITANA GROUP||Q2 2018||Q2 2017||Q1-Q2 2018||Q1-Q2 2017||Full year2017|
|Net revenues, TSEK||8 976||5 758||14 873||11 886||22 941|
|Total revenues TSEK||9 022||5 852||15 010||12 029||23 133|
|Net profit after financial items, TSEK||(5 374)||(10 813)||(14 325)||(18 922)||(42 355)|
|Cash and bank balances, TSEK||10 368||10 121||10 368||10 121||1 018|
|Earnings per share before|
|and after dilution, SEK||(0.13)||(0.53)||(0.33)||(0.93)||(2.10)|
|DIGNITANA AB||Q2 2018||Q2 2017||Q1-Q2 2018||Q1-Q2 2017||Full year2017|
|Net revenues, TSEK||7 283||4 636||11 727||9 948||18 300|
|Total revenues TSEK||7 328||4 729||11 863||10 091||18 490|
|Net profit after financial items, TSEK||(4 931)||(10 914)||(13 958)||(19 100)||(42 277)|
|Cash and bank balances, TSEK||9 518||9 157||9 518||9 157||606|
To download the full report click here.
This information is information that Dignitana AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, by the above contact, for publication at 1034 CET, 21 August 2018.
This press release has been prepared in both Swedish and English versions. In the event of discrepancies between the two versions, the English version shall govern. The Swedish version will be published later in the day on 21 August 2018.
William Cronin, CEO, Dignitana AB firstname.lastname@example.org +1 469 917 5555
Mikael Wahlgren, Vice VD, Dignitana AB email@example.com +46 709 33 72 20
About Dignitana AB (publ)
Dignitana AB is the world leader in clinically superior scalp cooling technology. The company produces The DigniCap® Cooling System, a patented medical cooling device that offers cancer patients the ability to minimize hair loss during chemotherapy. FDA cleared since 2015, DigniCap provides continuous cooling with high efficacy, safety and acceptable patient comfort. Dignitana AB is listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm in Sweden with headquarters in Lund, Sweden and operations based in Dallas, Texas in the United States. Company subsidiaries are Dignitana, Inc. in the United States and Dignitana S.r.l. in Italy. Erik Penser Bank is Certified Adviser. Learn more at www.dignitana.se and www.dignicap.com.