Dignitana AB, world leader in clinically superior scalp cooling technology, is co-sponsoring a scalp cooling session at the Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) Annual Meeting, held June 21 - 23 in San Francisco, California. The session brings together medical experts from around the globe to discuss the advancements in scalp cooling and the benefits for patients. MASCC is an internationally recognized meeting dedicated to research and education in all aspects of supportive cancer care. This year’s conference is expected to gather more than 1400 attendees.
The DigniCap Scalp Cooling System minimizes hair loss in patients undergoing chemotherapy. As a revolutionary quality-of-life medical advancement for cancer patients, the topic of scalp cooling is of great interest at this year’s conference and will be addressed in an extended session held at 5:35 pm on 22 June 2019. The symposium will be moderated by co-chairs Dr. Hope Rugo and Dr. Frances Boyle and will include the following presentations:
- Impact of Alopecia on Quality of Life, Dr. Frances Boyle, Mater Hospital, Australia
- Scalp Cooling for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Alopecia - the Evidence, Dr. Hope Rugo, University of California San Francisco, USA
- Scalp Cooling for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Alopecia - the "Real World" Experience,
Dr. Corina van den Hurk, Integraal Kankercentrum Nederland, The Netherlands
- Endocrine Therapy Induced Alopecia, Dr. Mario Lacouture, Memorial Sloan Kettering, USA
- The Patients Perspective, patient to be announced, University of California San Francisco, USA
“We continue to see accelerating adoption and expanding growth from clinics around the world and the oncology community is eager for updates about the latest advances in scalp cooling technology” said William Cronin, CEO of Dignitana AB. “Dignitana is proud to champion the MASCC mission of supportive care, and we are aligned in a deep and shared commitment to support patients with quality-of-life options throughout their cancer journeys.”
Reinforcing the company’s reputation as a leading innovator in scalp cooling technology, Dignitana has an exhibit at the MASCC Annual Meeting in Booth 14 and will provide demonstrations of DigniCap Delta, the next generation in scalp cooling technology.